Position: DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Responsible to: Administration / Executive Director of Nursing
A. To maintain maximum utilization of bed through active recruitment of residents
B. To establish contact and maintain good relations with the community and the public
C. To handle other related duties as assigned by Administration
D. To work in conjunction with Executive Director of Nursing and Director of Patient Services
1. Answers phone call and in-person inquiries
2. Gives tour of facility, which preferably have been scheduled by appointments
3. a.) Presents all PRI's for review to members of Clinical Team b.) Obtains further information if needed for Clinical Team
4. Keeps admission's PRI disposition sheet in separate binder.
5. Arranges admission of approved patients, in coordination with social worker and nursing staff
6. Handles arrangements of re-admissions
7. Acts as source of information to Department Heads as to resident movement and room availability
8. Works closely with Finance Department Heads for consistency and accuracy in resident funding source
9. Is able to complete all responsibilities of the Admission Assistant, either in conjunction with or his/her absence
10. Is able to complete all aspects of Admission process.
1. Maintains rapport with hospital Discharge Planners, Social Service Departments, etc.
2. Participates in outreach to Community groups such as senior citizens centers, Health Related Facilities/Adult Homes, Churches, etc.
3. Participates in all aspects of public relations event such as Open House for Discharge Planners to visit facility